Wednesday, 15 December 2010

Baking under fire sugarless cookies recipe ---- מתכון עוגיות בריאות ללא סוכר


This cookies were baked under fire literally!I'v spent last week in my parents farm in the western Negev in Israel. They (we) live along Gaza borther.  My father asked for sugarless healthy chocolate cookies . It was Friday few hours before Sabbath dinner. All must be cooked and baked before Sabbath.
While mixing all the ingredients for the cookies i heard the loud speakers from the central village announcing "Color Red" which means "Kassam" rocket was fired from Gaza to our direction... and i have to run to the safe area, a concrete capsule we have in our backyard. That was a freezing blood moment as it takes one a few seconds to realize it.
The capsule.
So , I left my cookies mix alone, running for my life...The distance to the capsule is exactly the time needed to reach it before the rocket hit the ground. heard it exploding waited for one more rocket...but it didn't come, went back to my baking. after all i have to rush before sabbath is coming.

It was not first time for me to meet with the rockets. in my last visit last winter one rocket exploded right in front of my car while driving to my parents for a weekend. I was the third car in the traffic light when the rocket hits the ground. It was a miracle,  nothing happened , i left the car calmly to take some photos of the smoking rocket.
The rocket!

But despite all this the cookies made my father happy, so who cares about one rocket....here and there?


Fearless sugarless cookie recipe
Measuring cup = 200 ml
2 cups whole meal flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
10 gr baking powder
1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
2 Tablespoon coco powder
2 teaspoon diet sugar powder (for baking)
warm water for the coffee granules.
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup dark resins
1/2 cup whole nut
3 EXL eggs

Diraction:

Mix together all dry ingredients. In a cup mix together coffee, diet sugar powder.
Beat the eggs lightly.
Mix all the rest together to nice and not sticky dough. .  Dived the dough to two . roll it to long shape.
Bake in preheated oven at 180 c. for 15 min.
cool it down, when cold slice it and bake again on 100c about 10 min or so, until they are dry and crunchy.

Not:
I didn't have resins so i added more whole nut and sugar.
the dough is a bit sticky i used coco powder for rolling.
I didn't like them, but my father did! :)

Those are the best photos i could take under fire....

Never mind ... :)
Via Google images.
I love this sound track song...They call the wind Maria. Why? You know good old days of Hollywood.

Cheers and Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment